Supply Chain Management (SCM)
The solution for production business systems
Supply Chain Management (SCM) software applications integrate end-to-end business processes across the entire supply chain into a centralized, user-friendly source.
A SCM cloud solution will automate repetitive data entry tasks and improve accuracy, helping control costs, and maximize profits.
With complete access to information at your fingertips gives you the full picture at any time, meaning you can respond quicker and more precisely to any opportunity or situation that arises.
SCM supports warehouse management, inventory tracking, shipping and logistics, improving communication and collaboration with all involved, every step of the way, with its built-in tools.
© Big Bang All Rights reserved
Optimize every step of your supply chain with a cloud solution primed for your business.
Backed by four decades of manufacturing experience, Rootstock has been at the forefront of providing a new generation of cloud SCM designed for the age of personalization. Built on the FORCE.com platform, Rootstock offers the technology that manufacturers need to satisfy increasing customer demands.
What are the benefits of SCM software?
SCM is now customer-centric
- Proper logistics is key to customer retention and ensures that your company gets final products to customers, quickly. SCM software improves order fulfillment efficiency in order to reduce lead times, from manufacturing to delivery.
- From procurement and supplier management to inventory management, order management, and transportation management, an SCM solution promotes a seamless logistics process, for consumers and retailers. It is not only about delivering the finished product and responding to the customer satisfaction, but also about keeping your customer informed about the status of their products, throughout the whole process.
- SCM software provides greater visibility into the supply network, allowing for better quality control of your products. This allows you to detect errors quicker and reduce the costs associated with them, to avoid unpleasant surprises and ensure better customer relations.
Digitalization and automation
An agile supply chain management system
- The supply chain must respond to the ever-changing needs of businesses and customers and must therefore be increasingly agile, to remain effective. Consumers now have the choice to buy in a variety of ways – online, in-store, by phone, etc. – and expect personalized service throughout the buying process. An agile supply chain will be able to meet their expectations.
- Many economic, geopolitical and other factors can impact a manufacturer’s ability to source raw materials. They must be able to replenish their supplies from elsewhere when needed. An SCM software can help them establish different sources of raw materials and be flexible enough to adapt their supply chain operations to these necessary changes.
- A SCM can also facilitate Supplier Relationship Management (SRM). Supplier management helps determine the value that each supplier brings to the table, and prioritize those that are most crucial to the continuity and performance of the business goals. It also helps cultivate better supplier relationships, based on the importance of each supplier.
- Your transportation management will also be optimized with the help of your SCM software. An SCM software provides better visibility into land, air and sea transportation processes, ensuring timely delivery of goods as well as streamlining shipping processes.
How to choose the best SCM software in 2023?
What to watch out for when choosing SCM software?
Multinational companies should consider an SCM that will meet the complexity of your needs, whether it is to ensure the compliance of your supply chain management with the standards and tax laws of the countries where your suppliers and subcontractors originate, or to ensure effective communication between international parties.
There is also the risk that your supply chain employees will resist adopting new technologies, such as SCM software. To avoid this reluctance, consider an SCM software that has an intuitive and easy-to-learn interface. This will certainly help its adoption within the organization and encourage employees to use it effectively. Features such as data visualization, real-time collaboration, mobile-friendly design and a control tower to view and manage the entire supply chain landscape are worth considering.
Contact Big Bang to help you make the right SCM decisions and avoid the traps and risks associated with SCM software selection and implementation
Frequently Asked Questions
How can we help you?
What is a SCM system?
What is the difference between an ERP and SCM?
Why should I move my SCM to the cloud?
What is the best software for SCM?
Discover our latest insights
Discover the Big Bang unbiased consultative approach with expertly trained and well-versed cloud specialists.
The Big bang Experience®.
Maximize the success of your cloud business transformation with The Big Bang Experience®, our 7-step proven methodology. It is designed to implement cutting edge solutions seamlessly.