Supply Chain Management (SCM)
The solution for production business systems
Supply Chain Management (SCM) software applications integrate end-to-end business processes across the entire supply chain into a centralized, user-friendly source.
A SCM cloud solution will automate repetitive data entry tasks and improve accuracy, helping control costs, and maximize profits.
With complete access to information at your fingertips gives you the full picture at any time, meaning you can respond quicker and more precisely to any opportunity or situation that arises.
SCM supports warehouse management, inventory tracking, shipping and logistics, improving communication and collaboration with all involved, every step of the way, with its built-in tools.
© Big Bang All Rights reserved
Optimize every step of your supply chain with a cloud solution primed for your business.
Backed by four decades of manufacturing experience, Rootstock has been at the forefront of providing a new generation of cloud SCM designed for the age of personalization. Built on the FORCE.com platform, Rootstock offers the technology that manufacturers need to satisfy increasing customer demands.
What are the benefits of SCM software?
SCM is now customer-centric
- Proper logistics is key to customer retention and ensures that your company gets final products to customers, quickly. SCM software improves order fulfillment efficiency in order to reduce lead times, from manufacturing to delivery.
- From procurement and supplier management to inventory management, order management, and transportation management, an SCM solution promotes a seamless logistics process, for consumers and retailers. It is not only about delivering the finished product and responding to the customer satisfaction, but also about keeping your customer informed about the status of their products, throughout the whole process.
- SCM software provides greater visibility into the supply network, allowing for better quality control of your products. This allows you to detect errors quicker and reduce the costs associated with them, to avoid unpleasant surprises and ensure better customer relations.
Digitalization and automation
- An efficient SCM system, with automated processes and inventory, can reduce costs associated with stocking products or avoid potential stock-outs, by maintaining optimal inventory.
- By automating manual tasks with supply chain management software, you can improve efficiency and reduce the human labour required for certain functions. This way, your team can save time and focus on tasks that require a human touch.
- Automating these tasks also reduces the risk of manual data entry errors, oversights, duplicates, etc.
- Digitizing data in SCM software allows you to have real-time visibility and insight into your inventory and other logistics data, as well as foster better communication throughout the supply chain.
- By automating and improving the flow of your supply chain with advanced technology, you’ll achieve faster turnaround times from production to customer delivery – maximizing your overall business efficiency.
An agile supply chain management system
- The supply chain must respond to the ever-changing needs of businesses and customers and must therefore be increasingly agile, to remain effective. Consumers now have the choice to buy in a variety of ways – online, in-store, by phone, etc. – and expect personalized service throughout the buying process. An agile supply chain will be able to meet their expectations.
- Many economic, geopolitical and other factors can impact a manufacturer’s ability to source raw materials. They must be able to replenish their supplies from elsewhere when needed. An SCM software can help them establish different sources of raw materials and be flexible enough to adapt their supply chain operations to these necessary changes.
- A SCM can also facilitate Supplier Relationship Management (SRM). Supplier management helps determine the value that each supplier brings to the table, and prioritize those that are most crucial to the continuity and performance of the business goals. It also helps cultivate better supplier relationships, based on the importance of each supplier.
- Your transportation management will also be optimized with the help of your SCM software. An SCM software provides better visibility into land, air and sea transportation processes, ensuring timely delivery of goods as well as streamlining shipping processes.
How to choose the best SCM software in 2023?
What are the selection criteria for SCM software?
There are several factors to consider when selecting SCM software, including: required functionalities, company size and capabilities, number of licenses needed, usability, associated costs, etc. With your business’ needs in mind, make sure to validate if the SCM software can be integrated with any other software you may have, such as your ERP and MRP (manufacturing resource planning), to streamline data and foster interdepartmental collaboration.
To get off to a good start and make a wise choice, work with a consultant who specializes in cloud solutions and can guide you in your selection of SCM software. At Big Bang, we can perform a business systems analysis and make agnostic recommendations on the SCM software best suited to your current and future needs. We’ll also be able to customize it to your business and integrate it with your existing software.
What to watch out for when choosing SCM software?
Multinational companies should consider an SCM that will meet the complexity of your needs, whether it is to ensure the compliance of your supply chain management with the standards and tax laws of the countries where your suppliers and subcontractors originate, or to ensure effective communication between international parties.
There is also the risk that your supply chain employees will resist adopting new technologies, such as SCM software. To avoid this reluctance, consider an SCM software that has an intuitive and easy-to-learn interface. This will certainly help its adoption within the organization and encourage employees to use it effectively. Features such as data visualization, real-time collaboration, mobile-friendly design and a control tower to view and manage the entire supply chain landscape are worth considering.
Contact Big Bang to help you make the right SCM decisions and avoid the traps and risks associated with SCM software selection and implementation
Frequently Asked Questions
How can we help you?
What is a SCM system?
What is the difference between an ERP and SCM?
Why should I move my SCM to the cloud?
What is the best software for SCM?
A supply chain management (SCM) system
is the technology, processes, and platform that manages the flow of goods, data, and finances related to a product or service.
SCM focuses on executing process phases like design, manufacturing, production, procurement, distribution, and order fulfillment.
ERPs’ scope of solutions extends to the entire enterprise to include accounting, project management, sales, human resources, customer relationship management, and more.
There are many reasons why shifting your SCM system to the cloud will future-proof your business.
Some of the benefits include better integration with the rest of your business processes, streamlined automation that makes you a more agile company, greater accessibility to data, helping with scalability, ultimately giving you a competitive edge.
There are many factors to consider when choosing the right software for supply chain management, including your company size, industry, business needs, and goals.
A solid first step in making the right choice is to work with an expert consultant who can conduct a Business System Analysis and make recommendations on the system that is the best fit for you.
Discover our latest insights
Discover the Big Bang unbiased consultative approach with expertly trained and well-versed cloud specialists.
The Big bang Experience®.
Maximize the success of your cloud business transformation with The Big Bang Experience®, our 7-step proven methodology. It is designed to implement cutting edge solutions seamlessly.