Building and cultivating relationships with leads, customers, partners, or vendors is a critical part of any business. Email is still one of the most common forms of communication.
We often have conversations with our clients about the best way to send email blasts. Should they use the native Salesforce CRM capabilities or a specialized email marketing application from the AppExchange? For the purpose of this blog post, we’ll assume that you want to stick with sending emails through Salesforce.
So, let’s get to the meat of how to actually send mass emails in Salesforce Classic. Well, folks, it’s 10 easy steps! If you’re a Salesforce Lightning user, check out our updated post here.
10 Easy Steps to Send Mass Emails in Salesforce Classic
1. First, select the type of recipients you want to mass email.
To mass email to contacts or personal accounts, click Mass Email Contacts in the Tools section at the bottom of the Contacts or Cases tabs. If you use personal accounts, the link also appears on the Accounts tab.
- To send mass emails to leads, click Mass Email Leads in the Tools section.
- To send mass emails to users, click Your Name, Setup, Manage Users, Mass Email Users.
2. Select a list view of recipients and click Go. By default, all the recipients in the list view are selected, so take a second to deselect any recipients you wish to exclude. If you haven’t created a list view yet, you will need to do so by clicking on Create New View to the right of the dropdown.
3. Click Next.
4. Choose from the available templates. Note that you cannot use Visualforce templates for mass email.
5. Next, preview your template, which is optional but recommended. Click Preview, and be sure it looks exactly how you expect it to.
6. Click Next.
7. You will now be brought to the confirmation page. You may select the following Processing Options to use:
- BCC me on the message
- Store an activity for each message
- Use my signature
- Mass Email Name
8. You are now presented with a choice for delivery. You may send it immediately by pressing Send Now, or you may provide a date and time for Schedule for delivery on.
9. Click Send to submit the email job.
10 .Click Finished to complete!
If your needs are more complex than the native mass email capabilities, the AppExchange is the place for you. The AppExchange has a collection of cloud computing applications, all of which can be integrated with Salesforce. Many of the mass email applications will allow you to build segmented lists, create and distribute customized email templates, and track post-drop activity, all from within Salesforce.
Looking for a Salesforce consultant to help you out? Big Bang can help!