About Dental Monitoring
Since 2017, Dental Monitoring has been providing innovative dental monitoring solutions for dentists, orthodontists and dental assistants. Their virtual solutions include a dental monitor that allows for higher quality monitoring for a patient requiring dental aligners or braces, as well as Vision, a scanner motivating patients to adopt orthodontic solutions by showing them the post-treatment outcome. In just three years of operation, Dental Monitoring has achieved international hypergrowth and now employs over 325 people in five offices in Europe, the United States, and Asia.
NetSuite: an ERP adapted to small and medium-sized businesses
Dental Monitoring was interested in integrating with Oracle NetSuite because the ERP suited their needs, and it adapts well with the size of their company. One of the advantages of NetSuite is that it handles very well the group aspect necessary for Dental Monitoring. They operate several subsidiaries in different geographies, with several software packages and a well-developed backend, and they do a lot of inter-company transactions. NetSuite also has the advantage of being easy to use and user-friendly.
As the company grew, Dental Monitoring faced the following challenges:
- The company and its subsidiaries were working on different accounting systems.
- The implementation of an analytical system was not possible with their old ERP system.
- The desire to have a sustainable system in place to track the evolution and growth of the company.
- The need to automate a large number of tasks to grow without having to multiply manual operations without added value.
As a NetSuite implementation partner, Big Bang was compelling in analyzing and understanding Dental Monitoring’s needs and processes.
The consulting team performed a migration and harmonization to implement the entire accounting system in NetSuite. In addition to Dental Monitoring’s internal backend, the Big Bang team also integrated several accounting software packages:
- Expensify: pre-accounting and expense management software,
- Gocardless: a direct debit payment platform,
- HSBCNet for the semi-automated import of payments,
- Stripe: to facilitate the transfer of online transactions and payments,
- Shopify: an e-commerce platform that allows anyone to set up an online store and sell their products,
- BambooHR will enable the user to retrieve employee information and create them in NetSuite.
The benefits of a multi-system solution
Dental Monitoring is still in a learning and optimization phase with the new systems. Their multi-system solution provides them with the following advantages:
- A reduction of manual entries without added value and replace them with automated processes,
- Analytics that help them make data-based decisions, which was a struggle with their previous ERP,
- A reduction in errors related to human intervention,
- Time savings for the accounting teams will allow them to focus on more critical tasks.
The Big Bang team: value-added support
What Dental Monitoring appreciated most about the Big Bang team was that they felt supported all the way. Big Bang did much work to understand their internal processes and to implement the integrations properly.
“I appreciated Big Bang’s willingness to walk us through each step to the final project delivery and successful implementation.”
– Beatrice Vassy, CFO, Dental Monitoring